vacuum pump oil function and performance index
Vacuum pump oil is the key to vacuum pumps. Good vacuum pump oil can often achieve higher vacuum and service life. The five functions and five indicators of vacuum pump oil are summarized below:
vacuum pump oil function :
1. Seal: prevent the atmosphere from entering the exhaust valve, and seal the gap between relative moving parts (rotor and stator, rotor and rotor slot, etc.).
2. Lubrication: relative to the lubrication between moving parts, reduce wear.
3. Cooling: the oil circulates between the pump and the oil tank to dissipate heat and cool.
4. Entrainment: the dust particles or other particles produced by wear are wrapped in the oil to reduce the wear damage.
5. Protection: form a protective oil film to prevent water and chemical vapor condensate from corroding the internal parts of the pump.
vacuum pump oil performance index:
1. At high temperature, the saturated vapor pressure is lower and the volatile components are less.
2. Minimum water content and water absorption.
3. There should be a certain viscosity, and the change with temperature is small (viscosity temperature rise curve is smooth).
4. It has good lubrication performance and good crack resistance under mechanical stress.
5. Corrosion resistance, oxidation resistance, chemical stability.