vacuum carburizing furnace process characteristics
The vacuum carburizing furnace has many functions such as low pressure carburizing, oil quenching and pressurized air cooling. The equipment can be used for heat treatment of various parts used in aerospace industry and other mechanical industries.
Working principle of vacuum carburizing furnace: put the workpiece into the vacuum furnace, vacuumize and heat it to make the furnace clean. When the carburizing temperature is reached, the carburizing agent is cut off after a certain period of time, and then the carburizing agent is vacuumized for diffusion.
This method can realize high temperature carburizing (1040 ℃) and shorten carburizing time. There is no internal oxidation in the carburizing layer, and there is no problem that the carbon content on the surface of carburizing layer is lower than that of the secondary layer. Moreover, vacuum carburizing can be carried out by pulse mode, so that blind holes and small holes can obtain uniform carburizing layer.
Vacuum carburizing furnace is an improved gas carburizing process. The carburizing time is far lower than atmospheric pressure, and the typical pressure range is 300-2500pa. The process features are as follows:
(1) The steel surface is kept very clean, because there is no gas interaction, and carbon can reach the steel surface faster in vacuum environment.
(2) Carburizing can be carried out at high temperature, so properly increasing carburizing temperature can greatly shorten carburizing time.
(3) Because the control system of low pressure vacuum carburizing can accurately control the carburizing process, the processed workpiece has good repeatability, small deformation and bright surface, so no machining is required after carburizing.
(4) Vacuum carburizing technology has more flexibility. Its equipment can be used as an independent equipment, or can be connected with cold working into a production line. The equipment itself can be periodic, suitable for small batch and multi variety production. It can also be a continuous type consisting of several heating carburizing chambers, air quenching chambers, oil quenching chambers, material inlet and outlet chambers, vacuum system, automatic workpiece transportation system, etc., which is suitable for mass production. In addition, it is very simple to start and stop the furnace, and each furnace can be put into operation only 0.5h.
(5) The vacuum carburizing furnace adopts cold wall vacuum technology, no ignition device, no fire hazard, no pollution, clean, safe, simple equipment operation and easy maintenance.