silicon carbide over silicon advantages
The progress of market development has promoted us to research and develop different kinds of new products in order to better conform to the law of market development. In the development of silicon carbide, the research and development of silicon carbide and further has been recognized by everyone, whether from daily life or from high-tech R & D production, the role of silicon carbide can not be ignored.
So what's the difference between silicon carbide and silicon in power electronics.
Compared with silicon, silicon carbide has:
1.10 times the critical electric field strength.
2.3 times the band gap.
3.3 times the thermal conductivity.
4.In addition, SiC works in higher temperature and radiation environment
5. SiC has higher system efficiency (1 / 2 loss reduction).
6. 1 / 5 of the chip area.
7. The working frequency of SiC is high.
8. The volume and weight of SiC can be reduced in the application process.
Devices made from silicon carbide:
1. It belongs to new energy, which can reduce 21% of carbon emission
2. Saving electricity "can effectively reduce the carbon emission by 24% by using electricity technology. Silicon carbide devices can be better applied in power generation, electric locomotives and so on. The market development space is very huge.
With the development of market, the advantages of energy saving and high frequency are more obvious. The extension of SiC market in the field of motor drive can bring more opportunities for market development and further improve the development prospect of SiC.