silicon carbide for casting characteristics
The emergence of general new things, most people will have a certain degree of exclusion, for the emergence of new materials in the market is no exception. The application of silicon carbide in casting is an example. At first, ferrosilicon was used to further improve the quality of castings and reduce the appearance of defective castings. With the emergence of silicon carbide, some technicians found that silicon carbide can be better used in casting, especially compared with ferrosilicon.
With the promotion, but there will be some problems in the process, some manufacturers have not used it, will have the intention of exclusion, so this requires sending samples to carry out a large number of experiments to summarize, through the final data to verify the practicability of silicon carbide in casting.
According to the current development of China's foundry industry, more and more foundry factories use induction furnace as cast iron smelting equipment. However, the use of silicon carbide in the smelting process is very few, which can make it play a full role. In the process of using medium frequency furnace to melt cast iron, there are some problems, such as poor spheroidization, less graphite balls, large amount of spheroidizing agent, too much undercooled graphite in gray iron castings, and the A-type graphite can not meet the requirements of customers, and the processing is difficult.
Therefore, we began to publicize the characteristics of silicon carbide for casting
1. Silicon carbide particles can enhance the nucleation ability of graphite. The undercooling degree of molten iron and chill tendency of casting are reduced.
2. Good deoxidation effect and purification of molten iron.
3. Prolong the service life of furnace lining
4. Reduce the undercooled graphite in gray cast iron and promote the formation of A-type graphite.
5. In the production of nodular iron, the number of graphite balls can be increased, the spheroidizing rate can be increased, the graphite balls will be more round and fine, and the amount of nodulizer can be reduced.