What are the causes of vacuum furnace explosion
Although the vacuum furnace has multiple safety systems, improper use may also lead to its explosion. We have heard about the explosion of the vacuum furnace in many news reports. So what causes the explosion of the vacuum furnace? Next let's have a detailed look at it.
1. After the amount of oil in the vacuum furnace goes down to the oil tank in the standard basket, the direct distance between the oil surface and it should be at least 100 millimeters. If the distance is less than 100 millimeters, the temperature of the oil surface will be higher, which may cause the explosion of the vacuum furnace.
2. Nitrogen should be injected into the vacuum furnace before oil is discharged. Many factories do not supply nitrogen to save cost. In addition, nitrogen should be injected before the workpiece is discharged. Otherwise, it is very easy to cause the explosion of vacuum furnace equipment.
3. When the temperature of the workpiece exceeds the limit, the vacuum quenching oil will gasify and explode once it enters the air or oxygen.
4. The size and shape of the workpiece quenched in the vacuum oil quenching furnace are also one of the reasons for the explosion.
5. The use of inferior quenching oil may also cause the equipment to explode.
The content is the reason why the vacuum furnace is prone to explosion. In addition to the above, we should also clean up the surrounding environment of the workshop, avoid flammable and explosive objects and gas distribution around the vacuum furnace. The vacuum furnace should be maintained and repaired in time. We should pay attention to whether the components of different manufacturers can be used universally during the maintenance.