Water ring vacuum pump working principle
Water-ring vacuum pump is a kind of coarse vacuum pump. Its limit vacuum is 2000-4000Pa and series air ejector can reach 270-670Pa. Water ring pump can also be used as compressor, called water ring compressor, is a low-pressure compressor, its pressure range is 1 ~ 2 *105Pa meter pressure.
Water-ring vacuum pumps were originally used as self-suction pumps, and then gradually used in petroleum, chemical, mechanical, mining, light industry, medicine and food and many other industrial sectors. In many industrial processes, such as vacuum filtration, vacuum water diversion, vacuum feeding, vacuum evaporation, vacuum concentration, vacuum moisture regain and vacuum degassing, water ring vacuum pump has been widely used. Due to the rapid development of vacuum application technology, water-ring vacuum pump has been paid more attention in obtaining coarse vacuum. Because the gas compression in the water ring pump is isothermal, it can extract flammable and explosive gases, in addition, it can also extract dust, water-bearing gases, so the application of water ring pump is increasing.
Proper amount of water is used as working fluid in the pump body. When the impeller rotates clockwise, the water is thrown around by the impeller. Due to the centrifugal force, the water forms a closed ring which is approximately equal in thickness depending on the shape of the pump chamber. The inner surface of the upper part of the water ring is just tangent to the hub of the impeller, and the inner surface of the lower part of the water ring is just in contact with the tip of the blade (in fact, the blade has a certain depth of insertion in the water ring). At this point, a one-month conodont space is formed between the hub and the water ring of the impeller, and this space is divided into several small cavities with the same number of blades by the impeller. If the upper part of the impeller is taken as the starting point, the volume of the small cavity increases from small to large at 180 degrees before the impeller rotates, and is connected with the suction port on the end face. At this time, the gas is sucked in, and the small cavity is isolated from the suction port when the suction is finished. When the time is passed, the gas is discharged out of the pump.
In summary, the water ring vacuum pump is to achieve suction, compression and exhaust by changing the volume of the pump chamber, so it belongs to variable volume vacuum pump.
2BV2 MONOBLOCK LIQUID RING PUMP
Water ring vacuum pump technical parameters:
|Curve No.||Model||Max. suction capacity||Ultimate vacuum mbar(MPa)||Motor power kW||Speed r.p.m||Operating liquid flow rate L/min||Noise dB(A)||Weight kg|
Water ring vacuum pump advantages:
1. simple structure, low manufacturing accuracy, easy to process.
2. compact structure, high revolutions of the pump, usually connected directly to the motor without slowing down. Therefore, with a small structural size, large displacement can be achieved and the floor area is also small.
3. compressed gas is basically isothermal, that is, the temperature change of compressed gas is very small. Because there is no metal friction surface in the pump cavity, there is no need to lubricate the pump, and the wear is very small. The seals between the rotating parts and the fixings can be directly sealed by water seals.
4. Uniform suction, stable and reliable operation, simple operation and convenient maintenance.
Water ring vacuum pump disadvantages:
1. low efficiency, generally around 30%, a good up to 50%.
2. Low vacuum, not only because of structural constraints, but also because of the working fluid saturated vapor pressure. Using water as working fluid, the ultimate pressure can only reach 2000~4000Pa. Using oil as working fluid can reach 130Pa.
In short, because the water ring vacuum pump gas compression is isothermal, it can be pumped out flammable, explosive gas. Since there is no exhaust valve and friction surface, dust-laden gas, condensable gas and gas-water mixture can be extracted. With these outstanding characteristics, although it is inefficient, it has been widely applied.