Vacuum pump for basic equipment used in medicinal chemistry
Vacuum pump is one of the most commonly used equipment in the laboratory. It is often used in high vacuum conditions. The efficiency of the vacuum pump depends on the structure of the pump and the quality of the oil (the lower the vapor pressure of the oil is, the better). The more precise the structure of the oil pump, the higher the requirement of working conditions.
Ii. Operation steps:
After connecting the catheters, open the switch.
Iii. Matters needing attention:
(1) the selection of vacuum pump should be consistent with the use conditions, such as vacuum degree, extraction rate, power supply voltage, etc.
(2) the vacuum pump should be placed in a clean and dry place. Wash and oil regularly. When cleaning, kerosene or gasoline should be used. After washing, all parts should be dried, dried or blown dry with a blower. Clean vacuum pump oil should be used when changing oil. If other oil is used, the vacuum degree will be seriously affected.
(3) the vacuum system and the pipes connected with the pump should be short and thick, and the joints should be minimized. All joints should be tightly sealed to ensure no air leakage.
(4) is pumped gas temperature, such as higher than 40 ℃, should add gas cooling device. If there are drops, a condensation dehumidifying device should be added. If the gas is corrosive or chemically reacts with oil, absorption and neutralization devices should be added.
(5) Before opening pump check the motor rotation direction is correct (check the direction of rotation, should drive belt off first, to avoid the oil when motor reverse jet), lubrication system is reliable, the amount of oil is adequate.
(6) the CPC shall not exceed 75 ℃ temperature, vacuum pump in operation, also can't have noise and vibration, it should stop.
(7) when stopping the pump, the valve connected to the vacuum system should be closed first, and the open air valve should be installed to prevent the pump oil from being sucked back into the vacuum system, and then the motor power should be cut off.
(8) the vacuum pump shall not be used to pump low-boiling liquid. Therefore, the system shall first pump out low-boiling solvent before using the vacuum pump.