How to solve the air leakage in the pipeline of vacuum pump unit
How to deal with the leakage of the vacuum pump? Today, the vacuum pump manufacturer has found a solution for you.
When the vacuum pump unit is working, if there is insufficient or no water out of the pump, first of all, it should be considered whether there is air in the water inlet pipe due to sand holes, cracks or loose joints, and observe it to find out the air inlet. Some defects are very subtle, and it is difficult to find them directly by naked eyes. They are often laborious and time-consuming but have no results. Then the vacuum pump manufacturer will explain to you, in this case, what should we do and how to deal with it?
1、 Method of judging pipeline leakage
1. Duck feather method
With a duck fluff, approach the suspected intake when the water pump is running, and observe the fluff floating. In the same way, you can use lit cigarettes to operate according to this method. It helps to find out the direction of duck fluff and smoke.
2. Oil method
For the air inlet points that are difficult to find out, a little oil can be applied to the determined approximate air inlet parts, and the place where the oil is quickly sucked away is the air inlet place.
2、 Treatment measures for pipeline leakage
1. The installation position of the vacuum pump unit shall be close to the water surface as much as possible to ensure that no air is drawn in when the water level drops.
2. When installing the water suction pipe, the horizontal water inlet pipe shall be slightly inclined downward or horizontally installed towards the direction of the incoming water. Any point of the water inlet pipe shall not be higher than the water inlet of the water pump, or the air in the pipe will not be exhausted.
3. Prevent air leakage from the packing culvert. The tightness of the packing culvert shall be appropriate. If it is too loose, the packing gland shall be tightened; if the packing is damaged or invalid, it shall be replaced in time; if the water seal pipe at the packing cover is blocked and heated, it will cause air leakage from the packing cover, and the water seal pipe shall be cleaned.
4. Before the installation of the water inlet pipe connected with the flange plate, the contact plane of the two flange plates shall be cleaned, and a 3-5mm thick rubber pad shall be added in the middle, and the bolts shall be tightened symmetrically and gradually in several times.
5. The bottom valve of vacuum pump unit shall have sufficient submergence depth, which shall be 1.5-2 times of the outer diameter of the bottom valve from the valve plane, at least not less than 0.5m. If the submergence is too shallow, it is easy to form a vortex, so as to absorb air, produce cavitation and damage the impeller and pump casing. If it is found that the inlet water level drops rapidly when the pump is running, several boards can be placed on the water surface to reduce the vortex and prevent the air from entering the pump shell.
6. The air pump unit is equipped with a vent plug. In order to facilitate venting, a tap with the same thread size can be used instead of the vent plug. When venting, turn on the tap.
7. The vacuum degree at the suction port is limited. Too much vacuum is easy to vaporize the water in the pump, which is not good for the self-priming pump. Therefore, all pumps have their maximum allowable suction head, generally between 3-8.5m, which should be controlled during installation.
8. Pay attention to exhaust. Before start-up, sufficient water shall be added to drain the air in the pump; at ordinary times, the vent plug on the pump cover shall be opened regularly to drain the accumulated air.
When dealing with the air leakage problem, the vacuum pump unit will operate according to the above methods and measures explained by the vacuum pump manufacturer, hoping to help you.