How to Choose Vacuum Pump
1. Whether the vibration produced by the vacuum pump has an effect on the process and environment. If the process is not allowed, vibration-free pumps should be selected or anti-vibration measures should be taken.
2. Understand the composition of the exhausted gas. The gas contains no condensable vapor, particulate dust, corrosion and so on. When choosing a vacuum pump, it is necessary to know the gas composition and select the appropriate pump for the pumped gas. If the gas contains vapor, particles, and corrosive gases, it should be considered to install auxiliary equipment such as condenser, dust collector in the intake pipeline of the pump.
3. Vacuum pump should be able to discharge all the gas produced in the process of vacuum equipment under its working pressure.
4. Correct combination of vacuum pumps. Because vacuum pumps have selective pumping, sometimes one pump can not meet the requirements of pumping. It needs several pumps to be combined to complement each other to meet the requirements of pumping.
5. Requirements of vacuum equipment for oil pollution. If the equipment is strictly oil-free, all kinds of oil-free pumps should be selected, such as water ring pump, molecular sieve adsorption pump, sputtering ion pump, cryopump, etc. If the requirements are not strict, you can choose to have oil pumps, plus some anti-oil pollution measures, such as adding cold traps, baffles, oil traps, etc., can also meet the requirements of clean vacuum.
6. Choose the working point of vacuum pump correctly. Each pump has a certain range of working pressure, such as: 2BV series water ring vacuum pump working pressure range 760 mmHg ~ 25 mmHg (absolute pressure), in such a wide range of pressure, pump pumping speed varies with pressure (detailed changes refer to the performance curve of the pump), its stable working pressure range is 760 ~ 60 mmHg. Therefore, the working point of the pump should be selected within this range, rather than allowing it to work for a long time under 25-30 mmHg.
7. How does the oil vapor discharged from the vacuum pump affect the environment? If the environment is not allowed to be polluted, oil-free vacuum pumps can be selected, or oil vapor can be discharged outdoors.
8. The working pressure of the vacuum pump should meet the requirements of the limit vacuum and working pressure of the vacuum equipment. For example, a vacuum drying process requires a working vacuum of 10 mmHg, and the limit vacuum of the selected vacuum pump should be at least 2 mmHg, preferably up to 1 mmHg. Usually the limit vacuum of the pump is half to one order of magnitude higher than the working vacuum of the vacuum equipment.
9. Vacuum pump price, operation and maintenance costs
DLV Series Double Stages Water Ring Vacuum Pumps