Five Reasons for Considering the Use of CFC Material in Vacuum Heat Treatment Furnace
Many of our customers are asking about the benefits of using CFC materials in their vacuum furnaces and other heat treatment applications. Although there are many benefits, from increasing furnace capacity to faster turnaround time, there are five main benefits that deserve attention:
1. Because of its special fiber structure, CFC material has the characteristics of high strength and light weight. Especially in fracture and mechanical properties, CFC has very low weight and robustness. Frames and workpieces made of CFC are 8 to 10 times lighter than traditional ones. Therefore, they promote processes and work cycles and even help prevent accidents. CFC fixture assembly has high strength and light weight. It is suitable for vacuum heat treatment and brazing of turbine blades, oil cooler, stainless steel brazing and sintering.
2. Increasing furnace productivity CFC is most suitable for use in most vacuum furnaces. Under the normal temperature of vacuum furnace, CFC will not react with process gases such as nitrogen and argon, thus shortening the cooling time. Because of its low heat quality, CFC provides higher productivity and energy savings. Modular systems enable customized charging elements to perform almost every task quickly and economically. These advantages play a key role in expanding production without changing the size of the plant.
3. CFC with long service life is worthwhile. It offers obvious and computable advantages, even at higher initial prices. Their service life is significantly prolonged, their service life is shorter, they are ten times lighter than steel frames, and they will not deform at all. Its high thermal shock resistance ensures long service life, thus planning the process and cycle. This makes the operation easier and reduces the workload, because it eliminates the straightening work on the twisted frame and ensures continuous production.
4. Although CFC has 2.5 times the heat absorption capacity of metals, it provides a better energy balance than all similar materials due to its extremely low density. For high temperature applications, this means less heating and cooling time and less energy demand.
5. Because of the molecular structure of CFC, there is almost no movement trend even at the highest temperature, so it has a strong anti-distortion ability. It retains its shape, even though it has been used thousands of times. It achieves "maximum stability" at about 1800 (?) C, and at 1000 (?) C, the expansion rate of 1 meter tends to zero. 1/2). Extremely low expansion coefficient is one of the most important advantages of CFC and graphite.
CFC is an important substitute for traditional materials in high temperature heat treatment. From cost savings to overall efficiency, these materials provide an attractive alternative.